Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Family
I returned from Jakarta on Thursday night... broke but happy. How contradicting but that's the reality.

As I stepped into the arrival hall, family members greeted me. Not mine but my friend's. All of them had their family members welcoming their return, embracing in hugs and hand shakes, something I'm not accustomed to.

When I first returned from Iran in 2007, I was greeted by a similar reception. Friends had their family members waiting for their return while I didn't have mine. I was ready to dash to the nearest coffee joint to buy myself a cuppa before making my way to the taxi stand when people stopped me. A friend commented that they felt the need to come to me as I had nobody to welcome me home and I looked pitiful. My jaw almost dropped. Maybe because we're both accustomed to a different lifestyle. My parents have never fetched me from the airport (except in Dec 2008) and I honestly do not see the need for it. However, when I see my friends surrounded by their family members, sometimes I do long for mine to be there as well. But I'm not complaining because each family express their love and affection in their own unique way. And I love mine very much despite the fact that we are just uniquely different from the rest.
posted by norhayati @ 10:50 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER