Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
'The One'
The Jakarta that I visited was a busy, bustling city booming with people and vehicles. I slept a lot when I was there. I slept in the van as we moved from one location to another only to wake up when we near our destination. One night, I slept as everyone sat in my room chatting away and I only woke up to have my late night hot shower (which I loved). My tired body was telling me it was deprived of sleep and I was just giving in to my body's needs. Some well deserved rest.

I also read a lot in Jakarta. The bookworm in me unleashed itself and soaked in Elizabeth Gilbert's latest book, 'Committed'. I read in the mall, at the coffee joint, in the airport, in the plane, in my room when I couldn't sleep. Which brought me to some interesting discoveries as I asked my travelling companions on how they decided on 'The One'. Yes 'The One' whom you eventually choose to get married to and have kids. Coz you see, Farah had been telling me about 'The One' but this is one philosophy/phrase (whatever you call it) I cannot possibly comprehend (despite my old age. shucks!). And I got some interesting answers.

Abg Mok - 'The One' for me is someone whom I can envision as the mother of my children.

Wan - 'The One' for me is someone charismatic.

Kak S - 'The One' for me is someone who loves me more than I love him.

Keya - 'The One' for me is someone whom my mum gave her blessings to.

A variety of answers which explains that 'The One' brings about different meanings to different people. Honestly, I've never thought about 'The One'. The furthest I'd went was to think of someone I like as my lover. No thoughts of him as my husband and definitely not 'The One'. Could 'The One' for me be the guy who gives me that nice, warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy everytime I see him or could 'The One' for me be the dude whom I keep going to in times of need? I have no idea but like Miss Farah Goh said, you will know when you meet 'The One'.
posted by norhayati @ 11:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER