Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
This afternoon I had a difficult conversation about the future of my grandmother. I was discussing with the social worker about her condition and why we needed to relieve my grandfather from shouldering the responsibility of caring for my grandmother. He is in his 70s and at that age, caring for a very sick person becomes harder, even harder when there's only 2 of them left at home. He had no one to confide in, no one to share his sorrow with and as usual, I could only listened as he poured his hearts out to me. He was tired and he was worried about my grandmother and her health condition. Her frequent trips to the hospital forced him to quit his job. He can't even go for his Friday prayers because my grandmother needs care 24/7. Life is difficult for him and I could see it on his face that he's dying for some air to breathe.

With my grandmother in the hospital, he had difficulty sleeping, sometimes hearing her voice in the middle of the night when actually, she's away. When my grandmother's at home, his sleep was frequently disrupted with her calling out to him asking for things that when she wasn't at home, he felt incomplete.

Today, he told me that he loves my grandmother despite her sickness, despite her looking so plain and dull, despite her not smelling nice. This is TRUE LOVE and I was touched that I could almost tear. I guess it's just a matter of time before a new routine presents itself before him. In the meantime, I shall just wait for the social worker.
posted by norhayati @ 12:31 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER