Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Blood Diamond
I patiently waited for the first 10 days of Muharram to pass and deep in my heart, I hoped that the movie will still be screened once Muharram's over. Till today, the movie is still screened in cinemas but the shows are limited. And yesterday, I managed to purchase tickets to watch Blood Diamond with Erin. I was elated and very much on cloud nine!

This was one movie that got me surfing at 2 am to read more on conflict diamonds and child soldiers.

"They caught us near the camp and we have been with them for 2 months. Training was very hard. They show you how to fight. How to kill. During the war, we went as far as the Stockton bridge but had to retreat. I saw plenty people killed. Even young children. It was terrible."
-- George H, 16 years old.

"We were all taken from here, at least 50 boys on that day. The youngest boy fighter was probably fifteen, younger ones were taken but only used for labour. We were taken to Bomi and trained in how to fire, how to take positions during fighting. How to take cover and to dodge bullets. There were probably 100 boys who did the training. The others came from neighbouring camps. The training lasted about 2 weeks and right afterwards, I was on the front lines".
-- Isaac T, 16 years old. Spent 6 months fighting.
posted by norhayati @ 1:47 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER