Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Saturday, April 17, 2004
A Filming Session I will never forget....
It was a truly historic place.... Reflections at Bukit Chandu at 31K Pepys Road.
This was the spot where the Malay Regiment fought bravely against the Japanese. It was also here that the courageous Lt Adnan Saidi was said to be killed and hung from a cherry tree. Till today, no one knew where the bodies of these courageous men were buried. NO ONE KNEW. Not even the unfortunate family members of these soldiers.

Even after these soldiers were killed, the Japanese Army were hunting for their family members whom they want to kill. So in their family members' dismay, and out of fear, every belongings of these Malay soldiers - clothes, footwear, etc had to be disposed of and today it is very hard to find remnants of their belongings since most were destroyed.

A touching true incident which really touched my heart was when I heard an interview done with the wife of one of the soldiers. Cant remember her name though. She said her husband was killed by the Japanese soldier after he refused to change his Malay Regimen uniform. Captives were told to take off their uniforms or be killed. So this brave soldier was killed and the only memory of him which his wife kept was a tin mug which she used to scoop the rice. The rest of his belongings had to be destroyed since it could lead to the Japanese Army. How sad! Imagine the only thing that you have to remember a loved one is his tin mug and nothing more...

Also it was rather spooky while we were at the museum coz all of a sudden while filming, the cameraman has to say this,"Roh dia masih ada kat sini..." He could feel it and he said he even smelt a sweet fragrance while filming in 1 of the rooms. Even Zulinah told me the same thing. She felt goose bumps while we were near the statue of Lt Adnan while I was busy copying down whatever information I can get on him! Even the pakcik who was at the reception asked us if we smelt anything while in 1 of the rooms. I didnt feel anything but these people certainly gave me the spooks. But I'm sure that the spirits of these brave man are probably still looming around in that area. After all, hundreds of Malay soldeirs died there in their relentless fight against the Japanese.

I guessed I think about it too much coz after coming back from filming, took a shower and all, I took a nap coz I was dead tired and I had a little nightmare. My head was blank but I heard clearly sounds of man screaming in Malay... gun sounds... as if there was a real war! Heheheheh!!!

Taat Setia. Biar Putih Tulang. Jangan Putih Mata.
posted by norhayati @ 1:59 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER