Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Tuesday, April 06, 2004
What does a Birthday mean to me???
Throughout my eerrmm.... almost 24 years of life, I hardly celebrated my birthday except when I was very young. I was so young back then that I hardly remembered even attending those fancy looking birthday parties. Old pictures served as a visual memoirs to joyous occasions where extended family members come together to celebrate my birthday.

In any case, I hardly receive gifts from family members or friends coz I guess it just wasn't my family culture to buy gifts for birthday boys or girls and I dont really tell others when is my birthday except in this blog, which also not many people know of. But my mum will always ensure that she fix an extra special meal for the birthday boy/girl. But then again, it is my mum's nature to prepare mouth watering dishes every week so ultimately, it makes no difference to me.

But the one gift that my parents gave me, which I love so much till this day is when Atiqah came into this world! She is the loveliest thing that had happened in my life and her co-existence serves as an inspiration in my personal life, work and school! And best of all, this gift, unlike material gifts, will never fade or suffer from wear and tear. Instead, it grows richer, wiser and more beautiful as it aged.
posted by norhayati @ 11:31 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER