Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Sunday, May 09, 2010
Today my mum celebrated Mother's Day at Blk N, Lim Chu Kang Muslim Cemetery....

With the demise of my beloved grandmother last Thursday afternoon at NUH, it ended a chapter in her life but opened my view to many new things. Personally, it was a painful loss as I grew up spending much of my childhood with my late grandmother. It was even more painful to see my grandfather lost his friend, companion and confidant of 47 years. That day, he was a broken man and to see that, only broke my heart.

I was there to witness the janazah rites of my late grandmother and did what little I could as we prepared her for her final rest. It was an emotional experience. When I was young, my late grandmother used to dress me up and now it was my turn to help shroud her tiny, lifeless body.

Death is painful but it served a bigger purpose in life. As long as there is birth without death, humans will not learn the important lesson of loving and appreciating what we have been blessed with. With death, comes that feeling of emptiness and loneliness and to counter that, we will offer prayers, visit graves or look at old photographs to capture past memories with the dead. While doing so, we will rekindle with the past, maybe even view it differently than before and learn to treasure the moments shared. This is an important lesson in human relations. We have to be constantly reminded to thank God for His blessings.
posted by norhayati @ 10:06 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER