Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Sunday, May 02, 2004
The BEST Birthday Ever...
Why was it the BEST birthday ever?

1) Jules gave me the complete MOONFLOWER set - perfume, body lotion, shower cream, fragrance oil, oil burner and tealight candles.
2) The Pearlines gave me a Surprise by hiding my bag during Eidul Zahra and replacing it with a nice brown bag. I'm bringing it to work now.
3) The Pearlies also gave me a Perlini's ring. It's got a big stone so that I can show it off to Ms Klutz.
4) During Eidul Zahra, Atiqah gave me a flimsy birthday card. It wrote,"This may be a BUDGET card but it comes from our heart" and on the outside it says Happy 24th Birthday Kak Yati and in it, Atiqa drew the 4 siblings - me, Khay, Apul & Ika. It's from my siblings. They made it minutes before they left home for the majlis. It was really sweet of them and I'm bringing the flimsy card wherever I go by keeping it in my note book.
5) My colleagues planned a birthday surprise for me & Jules in the office. It was really sweet of them!
They also gave me a pair of shoes. It was pretty!

Actually Jules and I suspected that the rest were up to something since they kept asking if both of us were coming to work on Friday. On Friday itself, Jules and I decided to teach the rest a "LESSON". I mean if you want to plan a surprise, do it professionally like we did for Netty and Fini. Everthing went smoothly. Zero hiccups. So when Jules saw Fini & Zulinah running up to 2nd floor the moment they came back, we knew it! They must have bought a cake and must be busy arranging the food etc. So we LEFT the office to go to 7-11. Heheheheh!!! When Fini called me, I told her that we're in 7-11 and will only be back in half an hour. She sounded disappointed and when Jules and I reached the office, we sneaked quietly up to the 2nd floor and when we came in, the rest looked calm and composed and I didn't see any traces of food or cake. So we went downstairs telling the rest that we're both eating on the first floor so soon after, the rest came down, Wawa switched off the lights and Zulinah came in with the cake!!! My colleagues bought me a pair of shoes since I only wear my TEVA sandals to work and nothing else! How thougtful of them! Actually I've been wanting to buy a pair of shoes.... it's just that I'm on a TIGHT budget right now. But since they've bought it for me, well, I can save the $$$$ for something else!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR MAKING MY 24TH BIRTHDAY A MEMORABLE ONE!
posted by norhayati @ 1:26 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER