Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Saturday, December 03, 2005
I woke up early today to an empty home.
I truly surprised myself when I woke up at 8.30a.m on Saturday morning!
I'm amazed that I did not pull up the covers, make myself warm again and go back to dreamland....It's the weekend for goodness sake. The only time that I can afford to wake up late. Instead, I woke up, brushed my teeth, washed my face and decided to watch a vcd that I borrowed from Natra, Love Me If You Dare.

I remembered seeing the movie trailer with Erin while we were at Cathay Cineleisure and telling each other that we should watch the movie. However, our intention to watch the movie just didn't materialise. Probably we were both too busy then.

Anyway, Love Me If You Dare is a good movie and I'm gonna watch it again before returning the vcd to Natra. Yeah I do that when I come across really good movies! To relive and savour the moments, to truly enjoy the acting and artistic direction and to simply enjoy the game of dare in the movie!

After I took my shower, my home was still empty and I decided to watch another movie, Rabun by Yasmin Ahmad at around 11.45am. Rabun was so-so and its similarities to Sepet was how the director unveiled the husband and wife relationship, just how loving one couple can be, pushing the boundaries to how much Malay audience can digest the scenes cooked up by the director and her team.

There was so much truth and sincerity in her story but then again, how open are we to watch the truth played in front of us? Just like the conversation that I had with my aunt when she said the local Malay station is filled with youth programs that only highlight their negativity to the extend that some parents are forbiding their children from watching it. However, I think she forgot that while there are disturbing stories of our youth, it is merely the truth. And yes, the truth hurts. But we can always learn from other people's mistake right? If only everyone is more open.

Anyway, I've got 2 more vcds to watch, Tentang Dia and Daun Di Atas Bantal which I'm gonna watch tonight. I heard from Lini that Daun Di Atas Bantal is really good. So definitely a MUST watch!!!

Sanif sent me an invitation to watch the screening of Lost Sole. I loved the story while reading it in paper and I hope with Sanif's direction, it'll come out just as beautiful. Since it is an FSV event, I'm gonna ask Yatie Wahab to go with me.

The best stories are the ones that come deep from within us, based on our life experiences. Don't you agree?
posted by norhayati @ 5:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER