Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Sunday, May 28, 2006
The little girl at the airport
While waiting to give Wawa a surprise at the airport, I was stunned to be approached by a little girl who came up to me to say hi. While she looked familiar, I replied her hello with a wide grin but no name came to mind. After the brief exchange, Netty asked me who it was but I could not remember her name. It was very disturbing and her image lingered in my mind from the moment we gave Wawa her birthday surprise, sat and chat about overseas trips, had dinner at Masayu to the cab ride home.

I slept thinking hard to myself who this cute little girl could be. Could she be one of the many people whom I've interviewed but have since forgotten over time?

So today, as I chatted with my mum, I told her about the little girl whom I met at the airport and my mum rambled a few names. Then it became clearer who the little girl was. I still cannot remember her name but at least I remembered who she is now. She is an orphan whom I met and made friends with during my uncle's funeral. I also remembered asking the little girl's mum if it was okay to interview her for Warna Ramadan back then (coz after her husband passed away, she was left to support her family by selling kuehs. Therefore, highlighting her struggle as a single mum is a good angle for ramadan).

If I ever bump into the little girl again, apart from saying hi and simply smile, I will definitely ask for her name and numbers.

This time, I want to catch up with her and see what little I can do to bring a smile to an orphan child.

While we are all enveloped in the rat race and live in a dog-eat-dog world, lets's not forget the
victims of the earthquake that hit Yogyakarta. May God give them strength to cope with nature's calamity and let us all unite in prayers for their safety.
posted by norhayati @ 11:23 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER