Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Monday, February 14, 2005
Time: 1.30AM

I'm totally shacked and hungry now. Just came back from one of the Muharram sermons.

For my non-Muslim friends like Steph and maybe Erin who happen to browse through my blog, Muharram is the new year in the Islamic calendar. So every Muharram, Muslims either mourn or they celebrate.

For the Islamic sect of Syiah (mostly from Iran and Iraq), they will mourn because Muharram is the month where the Prophet's grandson, Imam Husain was murdered by fellow Muslims, ironically by the followers of the Prophet himself.

For the other sect of Islam mainly the Sunnis, they will celebrate because Muharram marks the beginning of the new year. Sadly, this sect have somehow forgotten the tragic event where 72 men were murdered by thousands and where the dignity of the prophet's family was somehow forgotten. Funny. One day you claim to be the followers of the Prophet and the next, you murder his grandson. Talk about loyalty.

And if you ask me.... well, I belong to the Syiah sect.
Its something that I do not disclose to my fellow Muslim friends simply because issue of sects are rather sensitive and also I believe most of my Muslim friends may not even know what Syiah is.... but I just declare my belief openly in my blog. Talk about being discreet.

And while updating this blog, the sweet, lemony smell of curry that lingers in the air made me even more hungry. Well coz you see, I just heat a pot of chicken curry and while waiting for it to be heated, I decided to update this blog.

I think the chicken curry's calling me.

Chow peeps!!!
posted by norhayati @ 1:03 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER