Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Monday, June 26, 2006
Work trip gone muddy
It was drizzling in KL and the moment we reached the hotel, Jihan informed us during the rehearsal the night before, everyone left the concert venue with mud stained feet. In my heart, I knew it was a BAD sign. So bad that I knew I was going to stain my $50 plus shoe which was only a few months old. But what I did not realize was the repercussion it had on my pair of shoes. It was so bad that my shoes cannot be saved!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So once the concert ended, Irna and I rushed to the toilet to wash our feet. That's Irna washing her feet and her shoes. Even her purple heels cannot be saved. The only difference between her shoes and mine was that hers was bought years ago during her poly days while mine was relatively new.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But on a more positive note, the next morning, I bought a new pair of shoes and it was SO comfortable! So NO more blisters and plasters! And despite the muddy ground, I had a wonderful evening.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sheela, Yati & Irna

So lesson learnt. NO MORE PRETTY SHOES IF IT RAINS. Time to move on to the good old yet reliable selipar Jepun.

And Irna, your relatives were such a warm bunch -- mama, along, ah ngah, uda and adik. Made me feel so welcomed and at home. Thank you so much dear!
posted by norhayati @ 8:30 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yati.. aku tak bole recognize kasut korang lagi!! It must be damned painful for you coz its a brand new shoes kan?!!! Yg korangpun pakai kasut cantik2 time hujan kenapa...hehehehe wrong timing la. Betul ckp kau tuh, selipar jepun jugak yg sepatut-patutnye. But what happen to your shoes then? Kau bawak balik spore tak?

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger norhayati said…

    Yes Wawa. It was painful for me because the pair of shoes was expensive and it has since been safely buried inside the hotel rubbish bin.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER