Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Friday, July 22, 2005
Mar just linked me up and so instead of surfing through mandy for a job, I end up surfing Mar's blog and laughed myself mad! I simply loved those black and white pictures Mar and your latest entry cracked me up BIG time!

And so while surfing, I came upon an entry where she wrote about those days when we had our Studio Production module.... learning all about multi-cam shoot, the lighting board, the vision mixer, doing our own sets and of course the audio room which provided much comfort and solace (coz there, you can gossip about anybody and anyone! Including the LECTURER!!! Tee hee!)

(This was copied and pasted from Mar's blog....)
We had the indie band 'Moods' playing for us for a show, so during the technical prep period, Teng L., Audrey, Yati and me had to be stand ins for them. Quite honestly, we were the last people anyone can choose to stand in for any sort of band. Teng L. was on drums, Yati on base, Audrey on lead, and I was suppose to be the vocals. They were playing Radiohead's 'High n Dry' over the speakers, and the only sound all of us could make was during the chorus was "Don't leave me high..." and each of us, one after another will go, "high,high,high,high""Don't leave me dry..." - "dry,dry,dry,dry"Even better, an ode to Audrey's bright idea, she came up with a dance sequence for all of us as well...Oh God, -that must have been quite a sight!

It was all FUN especially for all the girls including me and Noi who whispered to each other on how cute one of the band member from 'Moods' was!
With his uncombed hair...
And that smile.... that literally melted all of our hearts and only yearning for more!
And the mole... was it under his lips??? Oh who cares?
He still looked cute with or without the mole!
Damn!

And also one scary experience during Mok Leng Leng's class.
Mar, Audrey, Claud and I were happily munching outside the studio while the rest were inside.
It was already night time and we're still having a recording.
So while munching and gossiping away, suddenly there was a loud knock from the back door.
And I shouted, "Come in! Door's not locked!"
Then came the knock again and I turned back to see who's at the back door.
And from where I stood, I could see that there's NO ONE behind the door!
So where did the knock come from?
Then there was..... SILENCE.
All of us simply froze for a while before exchanging glances.
And blame it on perfect timing, coz almost immediately someone had to call everyone to come in and stand at their positions and sweet Mar, Aud and Claud had to scare me saying all sorts of nonsense.
Coz you see, I'm in charge of audio which means that I'II be in the audio room which was just across the room!
Damn I thought to myself!
I've heard of many stories with regards to the studio in school but never have I thought that I would be experiencing it for myself.
That night, while doing the audio, I also chanted as many holy verses that I could possibly remember to calm myself down.
Hehehehheh!
It was funny I tell you.
Having to concentrate on the instructions from the panel and having to chant those verses!
It's HARD okay!
Don't laugh (VERY RUDE people!)

I missed my Studio Production class!
posted by norhayati @ 2:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER