Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Gubra
And Gubra was simply...

Beautiful and honest.

I cried watching one scene in which Orked went through Jason's box where he kept their photos and numerous letters which he wrote for her but didn't send. It was a simple scene. Snippets of close ups and mid shots of Orked going through photographs and letters. No dialogue. But her actions spurred so much emotions within viewers like myself.

Another favourite scene is the one where Jason's mum held her husband's hand. He moved his hand away but slowly held his wife's hands tight. Again no dialogue. Just actions. Beautiful.

I love Yasmin Ahmad's works -- Rabun, Sepet, Gubra and I will definitely go watch Muchsin & Monte Carlo once it's released.

Oh yes, I shook hands with Yasmin Ahmad today. Not once but twice! We even took a group photo together. I was with Reha and Raudaa while they were interviewing Yasmin at her service apartment and in my heart, only god knows how ecstatic I was to finally meet my idol! I even met the real Mak Inom, Pak Atan and Orked (the entire Yasmin Ahmad family) and witness for myself the true inspirations in Yasmin's films.

Before we left, Yasmin said, "Kalau nak tumpang sembahyang, cakap aje sebab kat sini kita ada sejadah dengan telekong". But we kindly declined her offer and parted.

When I met her at the premiere, Ezra exclaimed to her that I was Yasmin's no. 1 fan and she gave me a light pinch on my hand. And for that brief second, I was probably on cloud nine!

Yes I am crazy about Yasmin Ahmad and her films. She's a true inspiration for dreamers like me.
posted by norhayati @ 12:22 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER