Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Saturday, September 03, 2005
And she's just a cleaner...
Actually I'm already nicely tucked in bed, thinking about work and just waiting to doze off when suddenly, I remembered something that was discussed in today's meeting and my fingers just itch to type it on my blog. So despite clocking more than 12 hours at work today, I woke up, switched on my pc and here I am typing away at 4 plus in the morning.

"Story of the cleaner who helped an old, sick lady..."

This is a real life story. There once lived an old lady who was sick and was unable to fend for herself. This lady lived by herself with no one to care for her. Then came along a cleaner who never failed to buy this sick old lady lunch and dinner. Every day before she went to work, she'll buy a packet of food, knocked on the sick lady's door and leave the packet of food at her gate and she will do the same thing everytime she knocked off from work. She'd buy dinner, knocked on the sick lady's door and leave the food at her gate and she did this every day until the sick old lady finally passed away.

How did I know this story? Coz the sick old lady told those who visited her of this cleaner's kindness.

I remembered Ustaz Rosli saying that nowadays, people are so much richer and smarter but does that also make them wiser? How often do we put aside some time to think of those who are less fortunate and do what little we can to help? Maybe all of us need to learn from the cleaner whose kind gesture ensure that a sick old lady didn't go hungry. May God bless the cleaner for her kindness and for the lesson that we can all learn from her. And mind you, she's just a cleaner.
posted by norhayati @ 4:09 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A fantastic blog. Keep it up. I'm sure you'd be interested in How to buy & sell knitting on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER