Dare to Dream
Star light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might. Have the wish I wish for tonight.
Wednesday, February 18, 2004
AZ-ZAHRA IS SOOO CUTE!!!!

Shikin's 2 year old daughter is soooo cute! I went to visit her with Kak Long, Hana & Nur Indah last Sunday... well I suggested that the girls visit her as a friendly gesture before she leaves for Iran since none of us except for Kak Long, interacts with her in majlises. But alas, out of the maybe 10 to 15 girls whom I asked, only 2 (excluding Kak Long who volunteered to accompany me) agreed to follow. So what the heck! 4 is better than none right?

Gosh! Shikin and I used to attend religious classes together back then. In fact it's Shikin, Jannah & I -- all born in 1980 and were in the same class for maybe 3,4 years? Well I can't quite remember but we used to be close... the 3 of us. We went to study together at FORUM (Hehehehh!!! I can still remember), we hanged out together during tamrins etc. Who would have thought in our individual pursuits, by the age of 23, Jannah is a mother of a baby girl, Shikin is a mother of 2 baby girls and I'm still struggling here in Singapore!

Well never had I, in my wildest dreams even thought of Shikin going to Iran to study!!! Shikin...Iran????
Very BIG question mark. No offence but Shikin is your typical, average, teenage girl but she's no ustazah wannabe so I was puzzled by her decision to go Iran. But then again, people change and maybe when we both drifted apart, she changed and I didn't know coz I was too caught up with my own affairs. Yeah probably and I didn't even bother to call her even though I knew she was leaving the country. How selfish was I?!

In any case, it's really interesting to see how those who grew up with you expand and grow in their own ways. It's stimulating...really. I have friends who are:
married with kids,
friends who are divorced,
friends who are engaged,
friends who are still unsure of their life,
friends who are trying to figure out their life,
friends who are still studying like me,
And they are all within the age of 23-26.

But no matter what, I feel so blessed. So today I would like to thank
GOD for still keeping me alive.
Kak Long, Indah & Hana for accompanying me to Shikin's.
Shikin & her parents for being such great hosts.
Jules for giving me so many tealight candles. I'm thrilled!
My Bosses for still trusting me.
And my parents for bringing me to this world.
THANK YOU!
posted by norhayati @ 1:59 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Audio
Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
About Me
Name: norhayati
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Shoutbox!

Previous Post
Archives
Affiliates

Design One Studio

Powered by

BLOGGER